I ordered my first Spanx bodysuit a couple of weeks ago. I decided on the Power Conceal-her Medium Control Open-Bust Mid-Thigh style. I’ve never worn anything quite like it before, and all I can say is Oh My!
This style is so versatile that it’s offered in a broad range of sizes. The plus size option is available from 1X to 3X. This little gem goes above and beyond what I expected. This bodysuit makes outfits that looked good look sensational. What a feeling!
- Lightweight fabric made of 72% nylon and 28% spandex/elastane, except for the gusset
- Gusset is made of 100% cotton
- All-way stretch
- Your bottom is shaped and lifted
- Edge of the leg is smooth and non-binding
- Crotch consists of a two-part, overlapping gusset
The lightness is even more surprising when you consider that it is double-layered. This is important, because one layer shapes your body while the second one conceals all of those features you’d like to keep under wraps. This is accomplished because the fabric stretches in all directions.
The mid-thigh legs were a wonderful surprise, too. It made my legs look smooth, and trim, yet nothing was visible through my pants. All this without any pinching or binding. Just complete comfort.
The crotch on this bodysuit was also well-thought-out. The side facing your body is 100% cotton, as you’d expect. However, the gusset is created in two parts that overlap in the center. It makes what could have been a difficult process quite simple.
I was most concerned about the gusset when I ordered my bodysuit, but I shouldn”t have been. I find the design close to perfect.
1X – measured in inches
- Bust: 44-47.5
- Waist: 39.5-42
- Hips: 46-49.5
- Bust: 48-51.5
- Waist: 42.5-45
- Hips: 50-53.5
- Bust: 52-54
- Waist: 45.5-48
- Hips: 54-56
How to put on a shapewear bodysuit
- The first thing to keep in mind is don’t rush. You’re putting on a snug garment and this will take a little time, but it’s worth it.
- If you’ve just stepped from the shower, make sure to thoroughly dry yourself. If you apply body lotion, that should be well-absorbed prior to beginning.
- Don’t wear panties under this bodysuit, you’ll have VPL.
- If you’re wearing pantyhose, put them on under your shapewear. They could slide if you put them over. Keep in mind restroom breaks. Stockings may be a better option.
- Put your bra on first. It’s easier to do it now.
- Since this style has legs, you may want to start in a seated position. Stepping in from a standing position is good too.
- Slowly work the bodysuit up your body in small segments. Your first goal will be getting the crotch into correct position and make sure it feels comfortable on your bottom as well.
- You’ll also want to go back and readjust the legs downward to get them just right.
- Keep pulling up toward and adjusting at your waist. When you can, put your arms into the straps and then continue adjusting your back and under your breasts until everything feels comfortable.
Again, take your time, especially if this is the first time you’ve put on a shapewear bodysuit. Just like everything else, you’ll develop your own technique the more often you put it on.
How the power conceal-her medium control bodysuit feels on
Spanx rates this particular bodysuit with a shaping level of 2. They equate a level 2 with the feeling of a firm hug. Spanx also tells you that you can expect the following:
- A design that prevents visible panty lines, otherwise known as VPL
- Your clothes will fit better
- A modesty layer
- Smoothed and secured curves
- Extra support for your tummy
- Lumps and bumps concealed
- A firmer you and a slimmer waist
- Accomplishes all of the above comfortably
With the mid-thigh design, there is no way you’re going to have VPL. There’s also nothing moving into an uncomfortable position. You can feel secure all day.
All the lumps and bumps are well concealed and a lovely smooth you allows your clothing to flatter instead of irritate. Your clothing really does fit better.
And the comfort part? If you’ve ordered your correct size, you’re going to be amazed at what a comfortable garment this is.
I am so happy with my Spanx Power Conceal-Her Medium Control Open-Bust Mid-Thigh bodysuit. It just might be the perfect addition to your lingerie wardrobe, too. The ability to wear you own bra is a plus because you can match the bra to the outfit you want to wear.
The mid-thigh design makes your legs look smoother and pants fit better. You’ll have a lovely, trim appearance, your clothes will look great, and you’ll be comfortable all at the same time.
I like mine so well that I’ve ordered a second one in black.
I can hardly wait!
Let Us Know In The Comments Below!
As always, we want to hear from you. Questions, comments or experiences, let us know what lingerie thoughts you have on your mind!